Smithfields Country Club Golf Policies
Smithfields Country Club's Golf Policies are divided into four (4) subcategories. The subcategories are as follows: General, Golf Course, Pro Shop, and Golf Carts.
Section 1 General Golf Policies
- Golf fees will be determined by the Board of Directors and changed only when deemed necessary by the Board. These fees include, but are not limited to, cart fees, green fees, guest fees, outing fees, tournament fees and driving range fees.
- Driving range club membership runs annually from the first day of February to the last day of January. New members, joining the Club after March, may receive monthly pro-rated dues with a six month minimum rate. Balls are to be hit only from the areas designated by the General Manager/Director of Golf and/or the Superintendent.
- All non-club sponsored outings must be approved by the Board of Directors. A member with a private cart, who wishes to participate in a non-club sponsored outing, will be charged the outing rate.
Section 2 Golf Course Policies
- All players are asked to respect the golf course by filling divots with sand in fairways and on tee boxes, repairing ball marks on the green, raking bunkers and placing all trash in the provided receptacles.
- All practice shall be confined to the practice areas. The golf course cannot be used as a practice area. (e.g., residents going to the fairways or tees near their home and hitting multiple balls for practice).
- The putting green areas are for putting and chipping only. No practice balls are to be hit from the putting green areas.
- Practice areas are defined as the putting green areas and the driving range. All golf practice shall be confined to these areas.
- The cart paths may be used for walking and jogging at your own risk before 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM, and may be used for private carts as a means to and from the pool and clubhouse.
- Bicycles, roller skates, skateboards, model planes, kites, sleds, snowboards, etc., are not permitted on the golf course.
Section 3 Pro Shop Policies
- United States Golf Association rules govern all play except when modified by local rules.
- Starting times are required for all play.
- All play will commence from the first tee unless permission is granted by the Pro Shop to start from the tenth tee.
- All players must report to the Pro Shop before beginning play. Resident members wishing to begin play from their home must have permission from the Pro Shop. Players on the course have priority.
- On Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays all guests must be accompanied by a member.
- Carts are required on Saturdays and Holidays for starting times between 8:00 AM and 12:30 PM.
- The pace of play must be kept at a reasonable speed and players must respect the rights of others on the golf course.
- There will be a 10:00AM shotgun start on Saturdays during the months of December, January and February.
- All players must wear proper attire at all times. No denim, cut-offs of any type or shirts without collars will be allowed when playing golf. Mock turtle necks and crew neck shirts must be at least one inch in width. Women are not allowed to wear halter, tank or bathing suit tops. Shorts should be of a reasonable length.
- Smithfields is a soft spike facility. Traditional metal spike golf shoes are not allowed
- Five-somes and two-somes are allowed only with permission from the Pro-Shop. No five-somes are allowed on Saturday's before 12:00 PM.
- All members must have a certified Smithfields bag tag. These can be received from the Pro Shop.
- In the event the Pro Shop determines that the course is unplayable due to inclement weather or suspends play due to hazardous conditions (storms, lightening), rain checks may be issued. A golfer may elect to wait to see if the course reopens or request a rain check.
- If six holes or less are completed, players will be issued an 18 hole rain check.
- If six to twelve holes are completed, players will be issued a nine hole rain check.
- If the player is playing a nine hole round and has completed less than three holes, the player will be issued a nine hole rain check.
- No refunds will be given.
Section 4 Golf Cart Policies
- All golf carts are to be used by a maximum of two players and two golf bags.
- A player must be at least 16 years of age and have a valid driver's license to operate a golf cart.
- All carts must abide by the 90-degree rule on fairways unless otherwise posted. No carts are allowed on par three's or around the greens and tees. All players should walk from the cart paths to the appropriate tees. An exception will be made for the ladies tees on holes 3 and 18.
- Personally owned golf carts must abide by the following rules:
- All private carts must be approved and registered with the club office (this includes replacement carts) for a trackage permit. Numbered decals will be assigned to each trackage permit and must be displayed on each cart for purpose of member identification. There will be $65 trackage fee for Smithfield Homeowners.
- All private carts must be similar in type to the club's carts. They must be electrically powered, green or white in color, and must be approved by a Golf Committee member or the General Manager/Director of Golf.
- All private cart owners will be required to annually renew their operating agreement and pay a registration fee. This will require evidence of liability insurance and a list of authorized operators, who are at least 16 years of age and have a valid driver's license. There will be $100 trackage fee for private cart owners outside of Smithfields subdivision. Any private cart owner who uses a facility cart must pay current rental fee.
February 11, 2013